Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sunday - Feb 10, 2008 - Preparing for the last stem cell transplant

My fifth and final stem cell injection is scheduled for tomorrow, Monday. Feb 11, 2008.

Avid readers (if any) of this blog - :-) - will recall that I have had 4 injections already in the last 3 weeks - spinal, spinal, IV and spinal. I felt the best improvements in my movements and speech after my 3rd one which was by IV. I mentioned this to the doctors and they are now giving me the 5th one by IV. I hope this will be the right decision. I just felt that one must "listen to one's body".

More tomorrow after the injection.

We celebrated Chinese New Year/Spring Festival with plenty of fireworks and some good food. One of the nurses brought in some amazing dumplings which she had made at home. The hospital is partly shut down, though the PT room is operating. Full complement of staff will return on Wednesday.

No comments: