Saturday, January 5, 2008

Some thoughts for Saturday

First full day of travel related activity. Did some last minute shopping. My daughter used her handycam to record some stuff about me. I guess it may be useful to get a pre-treatment record on film.

I would like the medical establishment in Canada to take a serious look at the stem cell treatment. Right now, they do not support this treatment. In fact, it is difficult to even discuss this with a competent neurologist since this is not an emergency which can make one jump the queue. I have tried getting a neuro's opinion before my trip, but my appointment is for February 2008. By that time, hopefully, I should be well in the treatment phase.

I am hoping that, over a period of time, the medical establishment in Canada will take a look at the procedure. This will take some time and effort and I am willing to do my bit. I am hoping that this record will add to the growing evidence in favour of stem cell treatments.

More soon.

No comments: