Thursday, January 10, 2008

Its Friday, Am in India

Left Toronto on Monday. Flew all Tuesday. Reached Chennai in South India early Wednesday. Leaving tonight for China. I will travel via Kuala Lumpur and Guanzhou to reach Hainan. I will get to see many new airports on this trip.

Before leaving Canada, I had an email discussion with a stem cell researcher in USA. He is not connected with this treatment and cannot endorse it. However, he did give me some inputs on the questions I should ask the doctors in China. It was reassuring that I did not hear any horror stories. I am really hopeful that the China approach will get accepted by Canada/USA before long. In USA, they are waiting for a new administration post-Bush. And in Canada, they are probably waiting for the Americans to say yes.

After my treatment is done (with good results, I hope) - I shall post the questions I asked and the answers I received. Each situation is unique, and some of the things may not be relevant to others, but maybe there is someone out there to whom it will mean something. If anyone who is reading this wants something clarified, I can be your mouthpiece.

Bye for now. Next posting will probably be from Hainan.

No comments: