Friday, July 25, 2008

Toronto, Canada - July 25, 2008

It has been an erratic summer - hot some days, cold some, raining a lot.

I have been going regularly to the fitness club. The routine seems to help. I was doing a one-a-week session with a trainer, which has now come to an end. The trainer is a nice guy. He is going back to school to study Alternative Medicine.

Have been working and commuting. It takes me a longer time to negotiate public transport. I have figured out where there are ramps and elevators along the route to avoid climbing. Toronto is a fairly accessible city, and I am grateful for that.

Have been checking my B.P regularly at the gym. It seems to have settled to within normal limits. Earlier, I was hyper-tensive. Maybe the exercising has some benefit on the B.P.

3 comments:

Tena said...

Hi,

We will be travelling to
Chegyang People's Hospital in Qingdao,Shandong,In September where Pansy will undergo a stem cell treatment program for diagnosis of "Spinocerebellar Ataxia".

Do you have advice and suggestions you could share with us?

Our blog name is http://pansyataxia.blogspot.com/

Desi Style said...

Nice to see your blog.

My BP and sugar etc is slightly higher than norm. My doc here told me that it is normal for the disease.

Also, my gym trainer trains me 3x a week and when I come back, I am thinking of going to 2x a week. I am able to lift heavy [not like college] but my balance is jacked up.

Desi Style said...

I wanted to ask u about lumber thing? How was it? Any suggestions?