Sunday, June 8, 2008

Canada in June

Things have been busy at work. So I have'nt been posting here.

I got an appointment (finally) with a neurologist at the Toronto Western Hospital. First look at the hospital was not encouraging as it overlooks a funeral home. I can understand why they put ATMs in shopping malls, but a funeral home near a hospital seems to be stretching the convenience factor a bit.

Well, the doctor was a competent and encouraging kind of guy. He heard my story patiently and took notes. He looked the last MRI I had, from China. He did a lot of tests to assess the neurological deficits. At the end of it, he did not have much new to offer or suggest. So I came away, with the satisfaction that there is a file somewhere in my name with some information on me. He has promised to call me in once in 6 months, so i guess there will be some monitoring.

Fitness club continues. The exercising seems to help, since movements are easier on those days compared to the days when I goof off.

Toronto is vey hot this weekend.

4 comments:

Desi Style said...

How is it? Is it worth it to do it?

anthony.sangha@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hello Ataxia man,
I have read all of your post with great interest. It was very interesting to read a first hand account of the procedure. My brother has Spinocerabella Ataxia ,SCA1.
He is in his early stages and is still quite active.I am hoping that the future administration changes in the US will make this type of treatment and research available soon.
Please keep posting I would love to hear about your progress.
Good Luck.
Mike

Desi Style said...

I just cannot wait for the current administration to go away.

Toronto Indian said...

Some of the positive changes that happened during the treatment have stayed. Like the speaking which is a little more clear. I cant say this is a 100% cure, but definitely, some improvement is there. I am trying to go to the exercise club daily. The days I go are better ones.